Hilton Brown Swimming Albany
Albany July School Holidays – 16 to 20 July 2018
Daily Stroke Clinics – 1-hour sessions
11.30-12.30 – Stroke 25/50/100
12.30-1.30 – Stroke 200/400/Mini Squad
The focus per day will be the following:
Monday – Freestyle
Tuesday – Backstroke
Wednesday – Breaststroke
Thursday – Butterfly and flip turns
Friday – Individual Medley (IM) and water safety
*COST – $35.00 per session or $135 for all 5 days
Preschool and School age classes – 30min sessions
11.00-11.30 Beginner 1
11.30-12.00 Breather 1
12.00-12.30 Seal/Beginner 3
12.30-1.00 Penguin/Beginner 2
1.00-1.30 Breather 3/ Breather 4
1.30-2.00 Breather 2
*COST – $90 child per week (5 days)
- Our family swim session is on Sunday 5.00pm to 6.00pm. The cost is $2 per swimmer.
- Swim and dive clinic
HBS Albany regular offers a Swim and Dive Clinic at our Newmarket Olympic sized 50m pool – the next one is being held on Sunday 24 June.
- 30-minute $10 per session
- 11.00am in a stroke 50/100
- 11.30am in a stroke 200/400/Squad
- Focused attention will be given to entering the water in a streamline, exploding off the wall, and break outs (the moment the swimmer surfaces from the dive).
Perfect for beginners, and those wishing to improve skills upon these important aspects of competitive swimming. Please enquire at reception if you’d like more information.
Hilton Brown Swimming in Albany runs classes every day of the week. We teach all ages, from babies of three months to adults. A special feature of our methods is continual assessment, which means swimmers are promoted to the next stage as soon as they’re ready. Nobody gets bored and everyone works at the most appropriate learning level. Regular feedback keeps parents and caregivers informed of progress.
Please select programme:
Meet the Albany Manager – Lena Shepherd
- Lena was born in Odessa in the Ukraine and was a competitive swimmer from the age of 10 to 21.
- Her number 1 stroke was backstroke with a personal best time of 1.07.12 for 100m and 32s for 50m, making Lena ranked 1st in her age group.
- She studied engineering at university for 5 years and then worked in a TV station for another 5 years as an engineer.
- Lena came to NZ in 2000, joined the Hilton Brown team in 2001 and taught part time for 9 years.
- She took on the position of assistant manager in March 2010, and the role of manager in 2012.